Saturday, September 10, 2011

::supercalifragilisticexpialidocious::


Mary Poppins came to Salt Lake!!
And we got to go see it!
And it was fab!!



Just Chloe & I. Matt stayed home with the other kids and ordered pizza and played Mario. I told Chloe the play was going to start right around her bedtime. She didn't care...she was SO excited. We met up with Grandma & Papa Kitty and Grandma & Grandpa Asay for the 8 o'clock show.

We loved it! Chloe was so excited she almost couldn't contain herself! She's been watching the movie all week, so she was excited to see the play rendition. She noticed some differences, but thought it was completely awesome! She did get a little tired during some of the slower parts, but during the faster, more fun songs, and after some gummy bears and coke at intermission, she perked right up :)

Steffanie Leigh played a great Mary Poppins. We loved how she went upstairs. Our favorite parts were the supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and the rooftop acts. The rooftop one had something like 50 people onstage dancing all together and tap dancing, and also Bert walked in slow motion up the wall and on the ceiling and tap danced upside down! It was kind of amazing.

We had so much fun! We're excited to go see Beauty & the Beast next year (Port will want to go to that one) and also the Sound of Music. Usually I don't go for musicals, but these ones I like.


And that was our Friday night.
:)

1 comment:

The Barbers said...

I SO wanted to see MP! Glad you enjoyed it with your sweet Chloe. I'm sure you really like the dancing statues...