Sunday, July 11, 2010

::Twin Falls::



We just got back from our annual trip to Twin. Matt's dad and brothers and a few uncles and cousins all go up to play in a golf tournament, and most of the wives and kids like to go too. It's one of those trips that's fun, but we don't really know why. I guess it's the change of scenery (and maybe the swimming every day).

The kids were awesome in the car! They didn't sleep for the whole ride (about 2 1/2 hrs), but they were so good!

Matt didn't golf the first day we got there (the tournament didn't start 'til Friday), so we tried to find something fun to do together.

Go Carts!
buuuuut...

...a few of us are too little to ride 'em.

So we tried their mini golf course. To say it was lame would be a gross understatement. The kids got bored with it after about the second hole.


So then we kinda just played around...skipping holes, picking up the balls, trying to jump the ball over the obstacles (it was kinda ok because we were the only ones in there). Coop thought it was the funnest thing in the world to put the ball in the hole and watch it come out the other side.

Then we all went to the golf course to hit some golfballs...


The next day (Friday), Matt golfed pretty much the whole day. The kids, Sarah, and I went to the park and then to Sonic for some drinks (mmmm!)...
(a few seconds after this picture, he decided
to sit in the puddle-so that was nice)

We saw Despicable Me too. It was pretty cute (what I saw of it). We took Coop, and we all know he's NOT good in movies, so I took him out a few times, and he finally fell asleep. The big kids loved the movie. They keep saying "little tiny toilet." I must've missed that part.
(Dinner @ 5 Guys...Addyson-4, Porter-4,
Chloe-6, Brylee-almost 2, & Cooper 20 mos.)

There was lots of playing in the hotel room. I swear that's the best part for the littles. They LOVE hotels (I remember that when I was little. Billy & I used to jump from one bed to the other)! They thought the couch-bed was the greatest thing in the world!

Then on Saturday we decided to go back to Hop 2 It (we went there last year). It's a lot like Kangaroo Zoo, except smaller and really smelly!
The kids LOVED it!
(Porter, Cooper, & Brylee)

Most of the group went home on Saturday, but we usually stay an extra day. Matt & J like to get in one last round of golf. So Sarah, the kids, and I went out to see the falls. They were beautiful, as always.
(looking from the platform-when we first saw the falls, Coopie said "eee watah!!")

Then we headed home...

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Looks like you had a fun little trip! We love 5 Guys, great burgers.

Carrie said...

that does look fun. even if you're not doing any big activities, it's always fun to go on a little roadtrip. the falls are so pretty!

taryn said...

I love the pic of all the kids sleeping in the car. Nice that they were all asleep at the same time! The falls are beautiful! Looks like a fun little getaway.

Kami said...

I still cant believe I never saw you up there. Next year for sure you have to show me that hop 2 it place. It looks like you had a blast. (Playing in the those hotel rooms are so fun. They are huge!)

Jared and Sarah said...

Oh man, your post about Twin is so much better than mine. Your pics are so cute. Lately I just feel like not taking pictures or something. Maybe I will hire you as my personal full-time photographer. You have time for that right?