Tuesday, December 8, 2009

::santa claus came to town::


It was a cold, windy, snowy, night...

...when Santa came for his "pre" Christmas visit. The kids got to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted him to bring for Christmas.
He asked if they'd been good and gave them a candycane.


Chloe anxiously waiting to tell him about how she wants a princess castle and a hair salon kit


Portie telling Santa how he wants a Buzz and how
Dadduh wants a V (Cadillac)
(Portie cried afterwards because he didn't get his Buzz. He thought Santa was going to give out toys that night-poor boy. He's still kinda new to this whole Santa thing)


Coop was just plain scared. There was no sittin' on Santa's lap for this guy


Here we all are! It was kind of a mad rush when it was our turn 'cause there was a long line of people behind us and the temp was in the single digits AND the wind was blowing AND it was snowing AND Cooper was crying. But what would a Santa picture be without at least one of us crying??

We had donuts and hot chocolate afterwards inside Grandpa's house. He passed away this past March. We missed him last night. He wasn't in the house when we went in to warm up. He wasn't in his chair talking to us, the house wasn't 85 degrees when we walked in, he wasn't telling us about the books he'd been reading, he wasn't talking about all the crazy people standing out in the cold. It just wasn't the same.

5 comments:

Krystal said...

Looks like fun! I felt bad I wasn't able to go this year :( But Adam and the girls enjoyed their "daddy/daughter" times.

I bet it was way strange without Grandpa. It's been weird anyway, but he MADE that event....

Krystal said...

P.S. Everyone is RAVING about our photos on FB and the blog! You've got talent girl......be proud ;)

Jared and Sarah said...

That does like like a good time. One of these days I will come to this event...probably when I have kids.

And ya we all miss Grandpa.

Nicole said...

Geez that made cry at the end! I miss Grandpa so much! YOu guys are so lucky to live so close! It looks like you had fun!

Erin said...

What a fun night! I'm so sorry about your grandpa. It seems like you especially miss the ones you love around the holidays when they're not with you anymore.