I just finished up my photo class last night.
Here are the photos I turned in...
Assignment 1: a photo that tells a story...
The photo is of picker weeds that are all over around
our house, and Chloe's flat tire on her bike.
Assignment 2: Self Portrait
This one was really difficult! I had to set up my shot with a tripod, and after it was focused and ready, I had to set the timer and go jump in. I came out blurry in some (because it was focused without me in the shot) and not in others. Some of them I wasn't in the spot I thought I was going to be. I was a little afraid to do too close up of a shot, cause, well, it's a SELF portrait, and who likes looking at close ups of themselves??
Assignment 3: Depth of Field
I chose to do shallow depth of field because I just think it makes for a more interesting shot. I can't claim the idea with the leaves on the wood. The shot is a variation of one I saw on Flickr. I changed it a bit to make it my own, but I have to give credit where credit is due.
I love color, and really enjoyed playing with the color in these photos.
Amber paid me a HUGE compliment on my train tracks photo. She said she'd hang it in her son's room if she had it because his room is trains and those same colors. I told her she can have it if she wants it, but that she had to put my name on it somehere so i can feel a little famous and be able to say I have photo hanging in someone's house ;)
Assignment 4: Rule of Thirds and Our City Is...
One photo could've been assigned to each half of this assignment, but I think that both follow both halves of this assignment (does that even make sense??).
The "Our City Is" part I think applies to both because we are so lucky here to have so many local fruit stands and fruit orchards around here and so easily accessible.
The rule of thirds half applies to each too beacuse both pictures are divided in that way (I think).
At least that's what I tried to do.
I love photography! And I love it more and more everytime I pick up my camera. I sometimes get frustrated with it, but I feel like I'm learning, so that makes me want to keep doing it. I feel like I learned a TON from this class, and I'm really sad it's over! I've still got a lot to learn, but I'm excited to practice and learn it.
I hope someday I can be just like her ;)










7 comments:
way good amy! how fun! i'd love to take a photography class but i'm not sure if i can convince brad that it's necessary.
your assignments turned out GREAT! What a good skill to learn. either you had a really good teacher or you're as really fast learner- or both.
These look great! That's so cool that you got to take a class. Its nice when you can find something that you really love! I'm still looking.
Awesome pictures. You did a great job. Where did you take your class?
Okay so I'm loving the pictures!!! Especially the picker weeds one and the leaves on the log one. Really Great!!!
And I would totally hang up one of those pics in my house, except maybe the ones of you...not that they aren't great, but that would just be kinda weird.
P.S. dude I know the pumpkin jamba sounds kinda weird, but it tastes like pumpkin pie! HMMMM...pumpkin pie!
Beautiful Pics, Amy!!! I think it's great you took a class for it because you clearly have a natural talent for photography. I have always loved it as well and you gave me a great idea to look into a class because I feel like there's so much to learn about it. Maybe one of these years I'll find time to do something that I love also. You've completely motivated me now! :)
I think that your instructor should give you an A++++!
You were my best student in the class! I was so glad you took it, it's so nice to have someone you know when you teach a class. It really helps put me at ease!
You really have alot of talent, and I mean that!!!!!
Post a Comment