Tuesday, November 6, 2012

::halloweeny::

We had a lot of halloween this year!!

Here they all are...

The boys' costumes should be no surprise.  They just used the same ones from last year (since they wanted to still be Mario and Luigi). We decided right after Halloween last year that Ava would be a little ghost. We even pinned her costume on Pinterest a year ago!  I was so excited to make it for her-I had to wait a whole year!!  Chloe wanted to be a witch-she picked that not long after we picked Ave's costume.  We pinned some witchy eye make-up, and just went from there.  I made her a little witchy tutu.  She looked pretty cute.  It was the first year since she was a baby that she hasn't been some kind of princess/Barbie/fairy.  

So our lots of Halloween started off with a party/carnival at Bubb's preschool.  

Here's his class all dressed up.  His teacher, Miss Katey, dressed up like a clown.  There were 2 Luigis!!

She made a witch's brew...

And they played lots of fun carnival games...

It was the cutest little party.  She did a great job.  She does it all by herself.  She asked a few of us moms to help her out with the games, but she did all the preparation and stuff herself!  She's kind of awesome.  She's such a doll too!  I told Coop he's so lucky to have Miss Katey for his teacher.

That same night (the 30th) we had trunk-or-treat with our ward.  We had a pretty good turn out!

I wanted to decorate our trunk with spiderwebs and Bubb's spider he made at his preschool party (isn't is awesome??) but the store was all out of spiderwebs, so I just hung the spider up without a web.  One kid screamed when she saw it (really?).  

Then (whoops this is out of order)...On the 26th, we went to the school carnival.  It was at Chloe's school.  We go every year.  The kids love it.  I didn't take many pictures this year!

I did take one of them getting ready to go for it in the silly string room!  This was a new thing this year. Chloe and Port LOVED it!  Bubb...not so much.  Matt had to help him push down the nozzle.  Plus the smell in there was SUPER strong!

Ok, back on track.  On Halloween day, I (and Bubb and Ave) went down to Port's school to watch his Halloween parade.  The kids just walk around to Halloween music in their costumes.  Is it worth waiting 30 minutes with 2 rowdy, tired little kids to see your 6 year old walk past you for 3 seconds?  I don't know, but Port was happy I came :]

Which brings us to Halloween night...

Here's our ghost...
She was so cute!  She even would say "boo."  She didn't love her costume when she first tried it on, but she got used to it.  Her boots, she loved!  She still does.  She goes and gets them out of her room and brings them to me to put on her.  She LOVES shoes!

Mario!
He wouldn't let me draw a mustache on him.  Not sure why.  He thought people would think he was weird.

A Witch!!
A cute witch.  She was so excited to wear her costume.  She got to wear it to school, trunk-or-treat, and on Halloween night.  She even had some sparkly tulle on it!

Luigi...
Poor Luigi.  He's not happy in this picture.  He wanted some candy.  He just wanted to go get some candy.  He didn't understand why we had to take pictures when all that candy was out there just waiting for him.  He was a cute Luigi anyway.

No comments: