Friday, November 16, 2012

::Bubb turned 4::

Bubb was SO excited to turn 4!!  He kept telling me how many days 'til his birthday.  He said "Mom I'm gonna be foooouuuur....."  And I'd tell him that no he couldn't turn 4.  He got a couple of cards in the mail and they said 4 on them, and he LOVED it!  He wouldn't let anybody else touch them, and was really worried that I would throw them away.  They were HIS cards because he was 4!!  Cute little Bubb.

We had our little family party for him on his birthday.  He wanted to go to Chick-fil-A (a little change of pace-usually it's McDonald's) because of their little playground with the big car in it.  So we did.  They all got some nuggets and played.  We might have snuck in a trip to Costco while we were down there too (sorry Bubb).

When we got home, we had cupcakes and let him open his presents.


The big kids made him some cards.  Aren't' they so sweet??
:]

Mae-Mae just sat in her seat and ate her cupcake :]

First was a fun Chuggington movie...

Then (ohh he's excited!!) the big present...

A big truck with a trailer!!!!!

Anyone who knows Bubb knows he's big time into trucks and trailers (and also tractors and 4 wheelers and pretty much anything boyish).  If he has any type of vehicle (well, not a car), he will hook a trailer up to it.  I don't' know why, that's just how it should be in Bubb's world.

Then, a couple of days later (Sunday), we had Matt's side of the family over for a little party for him.  They're always so good to come and celebrate with our kids for their birthdays.  They brought him the funnest stuff!  He was in heaven!!  He even slept with some of his new toys :]

He wanted a deer cake (again).  The store had such cute Chuck-the-Truck (which he also loves) cakes and tractor ones (both of which he didn't know about), and I so wanted to get him one of those, but I didn't dare.  I know this boy...He knows what he wants!  I didn't want to make him mad on his birthday (and he would've been if I hadn't gotten him the cake he said he wanted).  He wanted a deer cake, so that's what he got.

We sang to him, he blew out the candles, and we ate some deer cake.

I just love this boy so much.  He is definitely a challenge.  He's a little crazy, and can make my days long and difficult.  He's my stubborn, bossy, loud, determined, spirited child, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am so proud of him.  He knows what he wants and he's not afraid to tell you.  He will always know how he feels about something and will never waiver.  He makes life fun and interesting.  He is soft and sweet and likes to cuddle.  He calls me Mama Bird :]  He likes to sleep with his Mumma (blue and brown blankie).  He gets a little jealous of Ava, but he loves her lots.  He wants to be just like Port, and gets very sad when Port doesn't want to play with him.  He thinks the sun rises and sets in his dad.  He thinks every truck should have a trailer on it.  He misses his Papa Snowman like nobody's business.  His Uncle J is one of his very favorite people.  He wants to go deer huntin' so bad he can't even stand it, and doesn't understand the concept of being too little (or being too little for anything for that matter :] )  He likes to say things for shock value (and sometimes it works!!).  He loves school!  He can write his own name, and it's perfectly legible.  He colors beautifully!  His teacher writes notes on his papers about how nicely he colors.  He likes to draw.  He ALWAYS wants to play cars.  He wakes up super early in the morning.  He's busy all day long and hates to go to bed.  He likes country music-especially songs that have the word "truck" in it.


He's our little Bubb, and we love him (and his brother and sisters) more than anything in the whole world.  I'm so thankful for him-even on our worst day!  I'm so thankful for everything he teaches me about being a mom.  I'm so thankful to be his mom.

1 comment:

Jared and Sarah said...

I love this post, it's just so cute! And it captures bubba perfectly. He is just cute!