Thursday, October 11, 2012

::she's 9::

Chloe turned 9 on the third, (...cue the cliche'...) and I can't believe even believe it!!!

She's 9.  NINE!!!  It's crazy.  The thing that makes it really crazy is that we have her mini-me living with us (Ava), so we're constantly reminded of what Chloe used to look like/do/say all the time!  I woke her up for school the other day, and this long legged girl was laying there sleeping with princess jammies that were too short for her, and bright colored heart undies.  As I was patting her back and pinching her cheeks to wake her up, I told her how she used to be Ava's size and wear diapers and how she couldn't even talk, and now look how big she had gotten.  It's precious and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Anyway...she's 9, and we celebrated with a little family party with the 6 of us.  We took her to Wingers (her pick), and had some cake and presents at home afterward.

The cake was gooood.

Oh man!  We struggled with what to get her this year!  She has a fun bike, a scooter, an iPod, a TV, lots of movies, etc, she's NOT getting a phone (no matter how much she begs), what else is there that's fun??  She's kind of at a tough age.  A little in between toys and big kid stuff.  I guess that's why they call them "tweens."

We decided on uDraw for the Wii.  It's a tablet that the Wii remote plugs into, and you draw on it, and it shows up on the TV screen.  We got the artist studio game and Pictionary.  She LOVES to draw, so this seemed like it might be fun for her.  So far, she loves it :]
We all played Pictionary for a bit, drew with the artist studio for a bit, and went to bed later than we should have.  

On Friday, we took Porter, Chloe, and a couple of her friends to see Hotel Transylvania.  We didn't plan on a friends party this year...don't know why...just didn't.  So we thought a movie with a couple of buddies would be fun.  It was a pretty cute movie.  Our favorite was how Count Dracula walked :]

Happy birthday to my sweet Chloe!  I love her so much!  I'm so proud of her and who she is turning in to.  She's smart, helpful, sweet, friendly, happy, funny (sometimes not on purpose), gentle, silly, and many other amazing things.  She's is one of my greatest blessings, and I adore her.  I'm so very grateful to be her mom :]

No comments: