Saturday, August 25, 2012

::the brigham city temple::

On Saturday (the 25th) we got to go to the new Brigham City temple open house.  It is beautiful!!  We got to bright all the kids and walk through the whole thing!  Chloe thought it was so neat.  She got to see it already earlier in the week with her activity days group, so this was her second time through, but she was still way excited.  We looked for peach blossoms everywhere (Brigham City is famous for thier peaches).  The glasswork inside is really beautiful  I've never seen so much beautiful glasswork inside a temple.  Port loved it, I think.  He kind of liked walking behind the signs and under the ropes, and every once in a while he'd show us a really pretty chandelier or something he thought was really awesome. Bubb kind of cried a lot.  He was hungry and tired.  He wanted Matt to carry him the WHOLE time-which was ridiculous and hard.  He was pretty difficult, but then once we got inside and things started to cool off and quiet down, so did he.  He saw the beautiful things, and I think he felt the Sprirt within, and was able to appreciate the temple and enjoy being in there.  He walked around on his own and was much easier to be around after that :]  Ave just stayed with me.  I held her the whole time.  She was a good little Teenieweenie :]  We all really loved it.  I'm so glad we got to go.  It was really neat to be able to take the kids in there.  I'm not sure if they'll remember it (definitely not Bubb or Ave), but hopefully Chloe and Port.  This temple is especially important to us because it's so close to home (maybe 5 minutes away).  We hope we can go often. 

It's right on Main Street here in town.  It's been kinda fun to watch it being built.  We can see it from our front porch (well if we go to the one end of our front porch).  

It was SUPER busy!  We heard that something like 24,000 (that's twenty-four THOUSAND) people went through on that Saturday.  It was hot, and we had to wait around a bit, but it was worth it.  

This is a mosaic painting of the temple just outside the concession area.  I'm sure they'll move it to somewhere else after the temple is dedicated.  It was painted by the youth.  Isn't it neat?

Here's our whole group.  My parents and Billy and Gloria came up to see it too.
Thanks for setting it all up for us, Jennie!  We sure enjoyed it!

More about LDS temples here.

No comments: