We had a happy Fourth, well most of us did. I was a little under the weather. I didn't get to run in my race that I usually do every year, we didn't do our swimming and cookout either. I was just SO sick! I pulled it together and went to fireworks with the fam that night though. Thank goodness! What would the 4th of July be without that?
Look at Avie! Does she look patriotic or what?!?
We met Matt's family at Pioneer Park for a picnic and fireworks. We got there around 7ish to get a good spot. The fireworks start after dark (after 10). So we (they-I still didn't feel great) ate, talked and played games. I love that. It's so fun. It'll be different next year without Matt's mom and dad (they'll be on their mission).
Then the fireworks...
I held Avie. Well, she kind of walked around the blankets between Matt, the kids, and I. This picture is SUPER blurry. I just loved her little finger pointing at them. Cute little thing.
So the kids are in summer gymnastics. I'm at The Peak twice a week for it, and the one day, I feel like I'm there ALL day. There's this little shop in there. It's a consignment type of shop that sells cute stuff for your home, and other little stuff too. There was this sign in there (and I'd seen the phrase before, but never paid attention to it). It said "land of the free because of the brave." I stared at it for a while. Maybe it was because I had time (waiting for gymnastics to get over with), or maybe because it had more of an affect on me the more I thought about it. How true is that statement?!!? I love it. It's pretty common-I've seen it a lot, but now that I've really thought about it I love it.
To all those who have and are serving...Thanks for being so brave.








No comments:
Post a Comment