It's been SO hot lately! We broke a record yesterday (we had another water day that day too). It was 97. Hottest June 4th we've had since 1988. Today it was in the upper 40s, but that's just crazy Utah.
So on Saturday, it was pretty hot (90-something) so we got out the water stuff. It was Ave's first pool party!!
I think she liked it
:]
Maybe someday we'll have a real pool, but for now, the kids get this sad little snap pool. Ha! I don't think they cared one bit! They loved it. They ran through it, splashed each other, jumped off the brick wall into it (the little brick wall), laid in it. They had a ball :) So that's good! Cause we're not getting a real pool any time soon.
Look at Chloe and Mae-Mae...aren't they so cute???
These boys were ready for some dry towels and some warm sun. Nice pose, Bubb!!
In other news...
Matt is one week post op today. He's doing ok...not awesome, but ok. He's gone to work this week (both days) and plans to keep going the rest of it. The mornings are the worst for him-the most painful, so he leaves for work at about 8:30 (which I love!!) instead of 5:30 in the morning. He's still pretty swollen, and still taking meds for pain (mostly tylenol and ibuprofen-he doesn't take the strong stuff too often). We got a phone call from the dr. about his biopsy. He called personally-not someone from his office, not his nurse, him personally. That made me nervous in itself. I held my breath as soon as he said he had the results of the biopsy. He said we're all clear, and that they were just completely full of infection. I exhaled. Tears started to roll down my face. I had to tell him thanks and hurry and get off the phone before I sounded too much like I was crying. I was so nervous for 2 1/2 days. I was so scared he had some kind of cancer. Tonsils are lymph tissue...that kind of cancer spreads SO quickly! I was just completely out of my mind scared. I felt such relief when I got off the phone. SO much relief! The kind of relief that makes thou wanna raise your arms above your head and just exhale over and over again. Now we just have some other issues with one side of his face/mouth to address, and we'll be doing much better.
I think he's feeling better...it's just a very sloooow recovery. He has plans to golf on Friday, so hopefully he'll feel a big improvement by then.
:]















1 comment:
We're really glad that the results came back good, too! That's scary stuff but we're so glad everything is ok. Glad he is recovering well, too. Jared misses his golf buddy..
Also, how cool is your pool party? Now just imagine one with your
gigantic pool in your backyard and your snow cone machine. Oh, and you on your floatie that gets your legs wet but not your hair, right?
Post a Comment