Monday, May 7, 2012

::over the weekend::

The kids got their hair cut.  Which usually ins't that big of a deal, but this time CHLOE GOT HER HAIR CUT!!  Isn't' it cute??

She told me probably about a week or so ago that she wanted to cut her hair.  I wanted to wait a bit to make sure she really wanted to cut it.  She kept holding her hair up and looking in the mirror and telling me she thought it'd be so cute short.  I agreed.  So we went to Cookie Cutters in Logan to get a little hair cut.  I love it on her!  She was excited to go to school this morning to show all her little friends.  So far, the two of them who have seen it want their hair cut just like it :)  Cute girls.
(How 'bout that pose?!!? She might like her hair cut too!)
We got our garden planted.  
Tomatoes, corn, peppers, cukes, strawberries (they came back from last year, peas, carrots, and radishes).

Avie!!!  Baby girls aren't possa play inna mud!!!

We played kickball in the backyard.  I kicked it over the fence and had to go knock on the neighbors door to get it back.  I made Chloe and Brianna come with me.  It felt a little like the sandlot.  There was even a VERY scary dog involved.

Then we cooked out-for the first time in 2 years.  We didn't cook out at all last summer (on a count of our yard being dead last summer (we killed it on purpose).  We had some neighbor kids join us...
(Chloe, Brianna, Porter, Bubb, & Alyssa)
Sunday was good too.  We were only about 10 minutes late for church (Matt loves that).  But we still got a bench, and we didn't miss sacrament.  The family in from of us probably loved handing us our stuff that kept rolling forward and hitting their feet (crayons, sippy cups, binkies, etc) over and over again.  I skipped Sunday school to come home and put a chicken in the oven.  I cooked a whole chicken (a first for me) and it turned out SO good! recipe here  We made brownies and ate the whole pan in one afternoon (which is not unusual for our family :) ).   Then we skyped with my mom and my Grampa and Aunt Karen for almost 2 hours!  It was way fun.  I love Skype! 

So that was our weekend.  How was yours??

No comments: