Thursday, December 1, 2011

::school pictures & a hurricane::



The kids actually got their school pictures back probably a month ago, but I kept forgetting to post them. So here they are. I thought they turned out way cute!



In other news...
We had a hurricane in Utah last night. Well, we had the winds at least. Our highest wind gust was reported at 102 mph (equiv. to a Cat 2 hurricane) in Centerville (about 40-ish minutes South of us). It's been big news around here. Usually though, in Utah if your barn burns down, it's breaking news and they interrupt regular programming and all, but this is actually a big story. Schools are closed, some 50,000 homes and businesses are without power, bad traffic, accidents, etc. All the news stations are all over it- and so eager for a big story which can get a little morbid because it seems they want to report more than is there to report on. The one channel I had on this morning (I'm kind of a news nerd-just ask Sarah) the studio reporter asked the field reporter if any injuries or deaths had been reported to which the field reporter said (kind of excitedly) "not as of now, but that doesn't mean that there won't be..." I don't know. It sounded to me like "there's still hope, there might be some injuries and deaths, cross your fingers!!" That aside, I took some pictures from ksl.com Pretty amazing! I can't believe the huge trees that were completely uprooted! There were other photos of some fences blown over, trampolines blown over, etc. I just couldn't believe the trees! Look at the sizes of those things! Ripped right out of the ground!

We weren't really affected. It was windy, but no damage done-our trashcan blew over and a wreath blew off our one of our lights on our garage, but that's it. It was mostly from Salt Lake Northward to about Ogden-ish (which is about 20 mintues South of us). Our trampoline didn't move and we didn't lose any power. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

taryn said...

Sometimes I get that feeling too when I watch the news. Like they're all so eager to report about injuries and things. I hate that. Glad that you guys are okay!!!

Cute school pics!