Monday, December 19, 2011

::in the mornings...::

...we play toys in our jammies.
This is mostly for my own documentation, but our mornings usually go something like this...

I start waking Chloe up at about 6:55 (sometimes it's as late as 7:05 depending how many times I snooze the alarm and how dark it is outside).  Usually Bubb is with me (because he comes in my room sometime around 6:30 and I turn on Diego for him until my alarm goes off.  I should just get up, 'cause it's just 20 minutes, but I want my 20 minutes!!).  She gets out of bed somewhere around 7:15-after we go the rounds about why even though school's boring we still have to go.  Usually while she's brushing her teeth, she wakes up Port (she's not the quietest person), which is ok, because he's gotta start getting ready too.  Then, it's kind of a rush to get teeth brushed, dressed, hair fixed, eat, make lunch, and get to the bus by 7:30, but we never miss it, which is really kind of amazing in itself.  After we get home from taking her to the bus stop (which is just up the street), I get Portie ready.  I help him get dressed, brush his teeth, and fix his hair.  Then we take him to the same bus stop at 8 to catch his bus to his school.

And then me and Bubby and Avie play toys in our jammies for a while.  Bubb usually says "Mom, deyuh's chrucks in my room" and that's kind of the cue to go play in his room.  We drive "chrucks" and "trailuhs" and Avie crawls all over me.  It's fun.  I love it.

In other news...
We picked up Portie's little buddy, Jaken today after school to come play (he's a cute little stinker, and a lot like Portie).  They played for a couple of hours.  So they were playing Mario on the Wii and oh my gosh! every other word was "dude!"  It was SO funny!  "Dude, go this way." "Dude, you be first player."  "Dude, I died!"  "Dude! Dude!"  Ahh, it was hilarious!  And so cute!

2 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

Dude that's awesome! Also your morning schedule makes me tired. I have a hard enough time getting myself ready so I applaud you and your punctuality.

taryn said...

It so funny for me to read when "real" moms wake up every morning. Olivia wakes up at 8am and even 8:30 or 9 most days, and I NEVER wake up before her! Haha, I am like you and want every ounce of sleep I can get! I always laugh at myself though because I'm still tired every morning and I realize that to most moms, I get to sleep in every morning!