Wednesday, November 23, 2011

::class party::

Yesterday was Port's Thanksgiving class party.  I volunteered to help (Grandma Snowman watched Bubb and Avie-thanks soo much!!).  I had to come up with a craft.  Usually crafts aren't my bag-I guess I maybe should have called Auntie Sarah for some help:), but I found a little turkey hat idea that looked fun.  They turned out pretty cute, and the kids LOVED it!!

I did most of the prep work (cutting gluing and all that) ahead of time so all they really had to do was put him together.  One of Port's little friends had his hat on and said he was the turkey and another boy said "let's shoot him."   It was kinda funny.  That's totally something my boys would say!

The kids had a game, a couple of crafts, a story and a snack, and that was it.  It was a cute little party.  Glad I got to go.  I think I signed up to help with the Christmas one too.  Any ideas??

In other news...
We're going to do a second attempt at our family pictures today.  We tried last Thursday, but it was SO overcast and dark that we only got a few shots.  No individuals or anything fun.  Pretty much just a Christmas card photo-which is good, but nothing for my wall.  So we're trying again today (the weather is  supposed to be fantastic-60 for the high!!), and nobody is excited about it; so that oughtta be fun.
Also...
Avie is the hungriest Moo!  She eats a huge bowl of baby cereal (enough to mix with 4 oz of formula) plus a whole jar of baby food and a couple of crackers for breakfast.

2 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.....come on now! Don't be calling me crafty...people are going to start believing it and then there will be expectations! Too much pressure, i don't want to get a reputation.. You did well though.

taryn said...

The hats are cute! I get too stressed out to be in charge of stuff like that. You did a good job.

I love your family picture at the top! Your kids are beautiful!