We went to Dallas over the weekend (more on that later).
It was fun.
We're back.
I'm glad.

(my new necklace from the Mr. Isn't it beautiful?? Don't you just LOVE Texas??)
It was so fun to go, but so nice to be back. I missed my babies SO much! They stayed with Grandma & Papa Snowman Thursday (night), Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday. When we pulled up, the kids were outside on the swing set (which you can see from the road). Matt honked the horn. Chloe looked over, and screamed "It's Mommy!!!" All 3 started squealing and running towards us. They all hugged me. Chloe started crying. Then they moved on to Da-da. Chloe, Coop, and I went to the backyard to play on the swings for a bit. Portie went in with Da-da and Ava. He spent a good half hour (probably) by her side. He missed her a lot. We talked with Matt's mom & dad for a bit, packed up the kids' stuff, and went home.

(all our stuff! Ours and the kids')
And it's nice to be home. It's even nicer to be all together again.

(Chloe drew this picture of she and I)
It was a pretty fun trip. Anyone who knows me and our family knows we don't separate too often. I don't handle it all that well. I only left them overnight for the first time (other than when I'm in the hospital with a new baby) last year. It was a little rough. I was worried about everything. Everything! I cried a lot when I would think about it. Even the night before, when we were tucking them in at Grandma Snowman's (our flight left SO early, so we had them stay the night rather than wake them up at 2 am) I was so sad to leave them that I almost didn't want to go. Chloe had a rough time. She cried a lot. She called me at 6:30 (5:30 Utah time) in the morning on Saturday crying telling me she misses me and wants us to come home.
But we're home, and all is well!
We had school this morning. I overslept and Chloe had to get ready in like 15 minutes to make the bus on time, but we made it! She was excited to wear her new Texas necklace (looks kinda like mine), and also her pink Toms, to school today. Bubb is driving his trucks all over my arms and the computer right now, and I love it.
:)
It was fun.
We're back.
I'm glad.

(my new necklace from the Mr. Isn't it beautiful?? Don't you just LOVE Texas??)
It was so fun to go, but so nice to be back. I missed my babies SO much! They stayed with Grandma & Papa Snowman Thursday (night), Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday. When we pulled up, the kids were outside on the swing set (which you can see from the road). Matt honked the horn. Chloe looked over, and screamed "It's Mommy!!!" All 3 started squealing and running towards us. They all hugged me. Chloe started crying. Then they moved on to Da-da. Chloe, Coop, and I went to the backyard to play on the swings for a bit. Portie went in with Da-da and Ava. He spent a good half hour (probably) by her side. He missed her a lot. We talked with Matt's mom & dad for a bit, packed up the kids' stuff, and went home.

(all our stuff! Ours and the kids')
And it's nice to be home. It's even nicer to be all together again.

(Chloe drew this picture of she and I)
It was a pretty fun trip. Anyone who knows me and our family knows we don't separate too often. I don't handle it all that well. I only left them overnight for the first time (other than when I'm in the hospital with a new baby) last year. It was a little rough. I was worried about everything. Everything! I cried a lot when I would think about it. Even the night before, when we were tucking them in at Grandma Snowman's (our flight left SO early, so we had them stay the night rather than wake them up at 2 am) I was so sad to leave them that I almost didn't want to go. Chloe had a rough time. She cried a lot. She called me at 6:30 (5:30 Utah time) in the morning on Saturday crying telling me she misses me and wants us to come home.
But we're home, and all is well!
We had school this morning. I overslept and Chloe had to get ready in like 15 minutes to make the bus on time, but we made it! She was excited to wear her new Texas necklace (looks kinda like mine), and also her pink Toms, to school today. Bubb is driving his trucks all over my arms and the computer right now, and I love it.
:)



5 comments:
Awww, I bet that made you feel so good that they were so excited to see you when you got back! I'm glad you guys were able to go, and I love your new necklace!
ps It was a super hot weekend, and muggy too! Hope you didn't melt!
It's hard to leave - I'm with ya there! I LOVE coming home though, and starting back all excited and thrilled with one another.
Glad you went and returned safely. :)
Oh I didn't know you liked Texas......hmmmm....you haven't ever mentioned it. Haha
Glad all went well and your plane didn't crash and I'm glad you're back so you don't have to worry about it anymore...
So I know I should totally feel bad for your sweet kiddos but, in this case, I don't...HAHA! Just kidding but since you three made it here and back safely -- no harm, no foul and I am just SOOOOO happy that I got to see you. Your blog over the past several months has just been hyping me up to seeing you again and you did not disappoint :) Loved, loved, loved seeing you, meeting Matt and getting smiles from baby girl Ava! Matt and Ava were such good sports and I can not thank them enough (also Chloe, Porter and Cooper for not having a SUPER meltdown that kept you three from coming). It will not be 10 years before I see you again -- WILL NOT! Love you!!!
One more thing...you looked even more beautiful than 10 years ago! I will send you any pictures I have to show you what I mean :)
Post a Comment