Wednesday, August 24, 2011

::gateway & b2s::


Since Dad was visiting, we all got together on Saturday for a splash at the Gateway and some lunch at Z Tejas.

The 7 grandkids...


(Tristan-4 1/2, Cooper 2 1/2, Chloe-7 1/2, Ava-5 mos, Mia-18 mos, Liam-6, Porter-5)






Glad we all got together. A fun time was had by all.

In other news...
We went to back to school night for Porter and intake conference for Chloe. Chloe's teacher is really nice, and she's pretty excited (and also nervous) for school on Monday. We walked all around her BIG new school. Her teacher said there were over 600 kids there! It's big-makes her mother a little nervous. We get to buy some school supplies for her this year (in years past, the school provided most of the supplies). So that's exciting. I feel like there will be lots of pink Barbie things, and a huge box of crayons. Portie's back to school night was cute. He's SO excited about going to kindergarten. We drove past his preschool yesterday, and he said "There's my old school! Finally I'm no more baby school!" We met his teacher. She seems really nice. I hope he will like her. He got a different teacher than Chloe had-which is good. Chloe's kindergarten teacher was a great teacher, but I just think Port needs somebody who will be really fun and happy and nice so he'll
really want to go every day. He was so excited to be in his classroom. He was running all around it, touching stuff, looking at stuff. We got to see the class list, and noticed a few familiar names on there. He'll get to have Kelton and Gavin from preschool in his class, so we're pretty excited about that. I have to say that I'm pretty nervous. Especially for Porter. I remember being pretty nervous for Chloe, but I think I'm a little more nervous for Port. I hope he likes it, I hope he's nice to the kids (he always is), I hope the kids are nice to him, I hope he makes friends, I hope he's okay on the bus. I'm sure everything will be fine...I'm just nervous. He's such a sweet boy. He's sometimes a little crazy and not so nice at home, but he's always been good at school. I'm still nervous though. My sweet baby Portie!

Also...
While we were at Port's school, we had to drop in and see Mrs. C (Chloe's first grade teacher). Chloe was SO happy to see her. She got sick the last 2 days of school, so she didn't get to tell her a proper goodbye or get a picture with her or anything! So we got one last night.


I kind of love her too! I hope Portie gets her for first grade-and so does he. Chloe said she was the best teacher she ever had (which is funny because other than preschool, she's only had 2 teachers). It made me think of all my teachers I've had. I remember their names from kindergarten all the way to 8th grade. Some stick out in your mind, some made a big impression on you. Mrs. C is one of those teachers :)

3 comments:

Kami said...

Thanks for the invite! :) I am kinda glad to hear you are nervous for school for your kids. Hannah is just doing preschool and I am nervous for her and Maddy is awhile away and I already worry about her(maybe that is not so normal. haha) And I LOVE that Chloe plays softball. :) Tell her to keep it up!

Jared and Sarah said...

Ok so first off, that pic of Chloe basking in the sun is hilarious and is so Chloe!
And yay for you that school is starting. Yay for fall!!!! Yay for school shopping and school supplies!!!!

taryn said...

I love that picture of Chloe tanning! And I love her hair! I've been trying out some new hairstyles for Olivia. Hopefully as she gets older I'll get as good as you. I'm glad she got to say a proper goodbye to her favorite teacher.