Friday, August 26, 2011

::flag football::

Portie had his first flag football game last night.
It was HOT!


They did okay-actually they lost, but they did score a couple of times. It was kind of a mess. There were a few kids playing on his team who aren't even really ON the team. It's always a little confusing the first week. I'm sure next week will be better.

Matt is the coach. He did great! He was a little nervous because some of the rules are different than he's used to, and the kids are so little. And some (most) of the kids just don't get it. There are also lots of parents there to "help." But everything went well. I think a few more practices might help.



These pictures aren't so great. Portie is kind of behind that one kid in this one. I was having a hard time getting pictures because of Coop. He was being a little difficult. He ran onto the field once, and spent the rest of the time crying because he wanted a drink, popsicle, to eat, to go home, whatever. I was holding Ava, and we went to the concession stand a few times for drinks and popsicles, and he followed me crying that he can't walk. So I carried him. He and Ava both. It was not a fun evening with Coop.

Speaking of Cooper...
He's crying right now. He wants his binky. I told him to go find it. "I caaaaan't!!!" Then he told me to stop looking at him. " 'top lookin' at me, you Mommy!"

2 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

I probably shouldn't think that last paragraph is funny....but I do....sorry. and yay for football! That is cute! Btw...that picture at the top of the blog I can't believe how much Porter looks like Matt in it! Never noticed it before.

Krystal said...

Transitioning to 3 from 2, I realized I needed to be hands free so much more! I can't imagine moving to 4. My life saver has been my hugamonkey sling. Hadley is too small for the bjorn, and she snuggles right in to the sling while I can still attend to the other two. Funny how one more child can make a huge difference!

You may not care, but here's the info if you're interested. It's a lot easier to pack in the diaper bag! http://www.hugamonkey.com/

The kids are looking like they enjoy the final days of their summer! So fun!