We got back from our trip to Michigan on Thursday (more on that later). It was fun and also a LOT of work! It's not easy taking 4 little kids on vacation! But it was a fun little trip.
On Wednesday night, we were getting the kids all settled in to bed, and Chloe says "where's my blankie?" I told her I didn't know. Matt took the 3 bigger kids swimming and I stayed up in the room and packed us up since we were leaving for the airport early the next morning. I noticed that her blankie wasn't around while I was packing. We hoped it was in the car-it wasn't. We hoped it got left at the restaurant that we ate at earlier that day-it didn't. We hoped we'd left it at my grandparents' house that we'd been at all day-we hadn't. Our last hope was that it got packed in one of our bags. Matt and I dumped all of them out looking for it, but it wasn't there either. A lot of tears were shed. Bubb even offered her his mummah-but it's just not the same.
On the plane ride home, she drew this picture...

We both cried. Again.
Her picture makes me cry. I watched her drawing it, and didn't know what it was. I saw her writing the letters and didn't put it together until she moved her little hands and I saw that it said "missing" on the top. Then she put her head down on her tray table and sobbed. I stroked her hair and cried a little too.
Anybody who knows our kids knows they are VERY attached to their blankies. Chloe's was a kind of a rag, and actually ripped into 2 pieces. She has the second piece now, which is good, but it's not the same. It's smaller and doesn't have the silky edge. We miss blankie. I hope it's hiding at my grandparents' house-they said if they find it they'd mail it to us. I really hope they find it.
On Wednesday night, we were getting the kids all settled in to bed, and Chloe says "where's my blankie?" I told her I didn't know. Matt took the 3 bigger kids swimming and I stayed up in the room and packed us up since we were leaving for the airport early the next morning. I noticed that her blankie wasn't around while I was packing. We hoped it was in the car-it wasn't. We hoped it got left at the restaurant that we ate at earlier that day-it didn't. We hoped we'd left it at my grandparents' house that we'd been at all day-we hadn't. Our last hope was that it got packed in one of our bags. Matt and I dumped all of them out looking for it, but it wasn't there either. A lot of tears were shed. Bubb even offered her his mummah-but it's just not the same.
On the plane ride home, she drew this picture...

We both cried. Again.
Her picture makes me cry. I watched her drawing it, and didn't know what it was. I saw her writing the letters and didn't put it together until she moved her little hands and I saw that it said "missing" on the top. Then she put her head down on her tray table and sobbed. I stroked her hair and cried a little too.
Anybody who knows our kids knows they are VERY attached to their blankies. Chloe's was a kind of a rag, and actually ripped into 2 pieces. She has the second piece now, which is good, but it's not the same. It's smaller and doesn't have the silky edge. We miss blankie. I hope it's hiding at my grandparents' house-they said if they find it they'd mail it to us. I really hope they find it.



4 comments:
aww! poor chloe! i remember losing my blankie when i was little. it IS a sad, sad day. it's amazing just how attached kids get to their blankies. it's like losing a friend. i hope you find it! : (
Oh that is so sad! Poor little bug. I hope it turns up. I remember when she lost the silky pants....that was sad and this is MUCH worse! That blankie has been around forever.
Give her a big hug from us. We're crying with her....
Poor Chloe! I hope you find it. I too remember losing my yellow blankie, and it was after a trip to my grandparents house. Hope she feels better soon.
So I am up in the middle of the night reading your blog!! And now I'm crying. Seriously!! I still have my blankie in my trousseau. I really hope someone finds it.
Post a Comment