Thursday, May 5, 2011

::blessed::

Ava's blessing day...


(all of us in the church foyer afterwards)


Matt did a beautiful job with the blessing, as always.

He blessed her...
~to stay close to Heavenly Father~
~to live her life worthy to always have the Holy Ghost~
~to stay close and become best friends with her siblings~
~to be baptized~
~that when the time comes, she will choose a partner who will take her to the temple to be sealed for eternity~
~to enjoy the blessings of the temple~
~to know that she can always come to Mom & Dad for guidance and direction~
~to be an example and a leader~
~to always live the standards of the Church~

He was SO nervous. He did great. I got a little teary.

We had a little get-together afterwards.
My side.
Matt's side.
So nice.

Thanks to everyone who came. We love our families so much, and appreciate all their love and support. It was such a special day for us, and we feel so blessed and thankful to have so much family to share it with.
I love days like this
:)

4 comments:

taryn said...

Her dress is beautiful! Very sweet words and blessings from her daddy. She just gets cuter and cuter!

Jared and Sarah said...

It was a beautiful blessing and a beautiful girl being blessed! And that bread and fruit....really...was sooooooo good!!

kjirsten said...

What a beautiful blessing dress! I love the brown ribbon -- reminds me of a wedding dress. Your family is just darling -- and I can't believe how good you look already! You'll have to give me some get back in shape tips -- I think it's gonna be pretty hard for me this time (did you know I was pregnant?) Anyway, love getting caught up with your sweet family!

caroline said...

Beautiful mini Chloe!! You look beautiful too! I love blessing days!