This is pretty normal around our house...






(I love Coop's sneaky "I'm gonna get the iPad" face)
What is it about Dada that makes these boys feel like they have to jump on him? Matt can hardly sit or lay in their sight without both of them completely attacking him. They don't hold back either...they climb on him, jump on him, head butt him, step on his face, etc etc. I guess sometimes boys just need to wrestle. I don't think Matt minds too much though :)
In other news...
In other news...
Portie was asking me about dying the other day. He started out by asking if we were all going to die. My first thoughts were how careful I needed to be in answering his questions. I didn't want to scare him, but I wanted to be honest. I remember for a little while when I was little, I was terribly scared of my mom dying. I would worry about it a lot, and any time she was late or didn't answer the phone, I would get scared that she died. Anyway...I told him that yeah, some day we all would die. He asked how we would die. I tried to be really careful about that too. I didn't want him to be scared of accidents or diseases or anything. I just told him that people die in all different ways, but that hopefully we would die of old age because that meant that we lived a long long time. He thought for a minute. I watched him ponder the things I had told him. I waited for his next sweet little question, anticipating how I would gently answer it. And then he said "or we could get hit by a bus tomorrow and die." So much for a sweet, meaningful conversation! That's my boy! Always a surprise, always making me laugh.



2 comments:
yeah, i think all little boys just NEED to wrestle. i hate it because i'm always stressing out that someone's going to get hurt, but brad LOVES it, because they're BOYS and that's what boys do.
and i love the quote about getting hit by a bus. these little ones know a lot more than we give them credit for.
Looks like our house. Boys love to wrestle. Baby Ava is precious. Love to see the updates on your family:)
Post a Comment