"You are such a cute little pregnant lady.
You almost make it look fun! I know it's not, but you make it look that way."
-random young mom in the grocery store

(my big ol' belly. 31 weeks along)
I'm about 9 weeks away, and I can't even believe it. It seems SO far away, but I've got so much to do before she gets here, so somehow it doesn't seem like enough time. I'm pretty anxious to be done. I'm not one who loves being pregnant. In fact, I hate it. I was telling somebody not too long ago how much I hate it, and that there's really not much about it that I like-other than the baby. It's cool when you hear the heartbeat for the first time, when you first feel them move, when you find out what you're having, but for the most part it's kind of a nuisance. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or disconnected, or like I don't love my babies, because that's so not the case! I just think the getting bigger, aching body, discomfort, lack of sleep, and just your body not belonging to you anymore is sometimes a lot for me. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and want to cry because of my sheer size. I can't breathe either, and that makes me feel claustrophobic, and that's just not fun. Aside from the physical inconveniences, I feel like I'm not much fun any more. I don't/can't play on the floor for too long with the other kids. Bubb can't sit on my lap (there's just no room!), and I'm just so tired all the time that all I ever want to do is lay down!-which makes me feel lazy, which I don't like.
But...
I am WAY excited for Spring. I'm excited to see some green grass, warmer temps, birds, flowers, playing outside, bikes, Chloe's Spring program at school, Mothers day (I love our big brunch we always do), Port's birthday (he'll be 5, you know), oh, and of course, Baby Ava's arrival :) We have a pretty fun vacation planned this summer-which we're all way excited about. I'm excited to start running again too-I really miss it. I'm thinking about trying barefoot running with the Vibram 5 fingers. I've never tried it, but we were talking to this girl at Disneyland who was wearing them and says they're the best thing since sliced bread. So, I kinda want to try 'em. Does anybody know anything about barefoot running??
I'm also excited to go watch Despicable Me on the big TV with the big kids with popcorn and hot chocolate (Port's request) while Bubb takes a nap.
So, 9 weeks, and counting down. I hope my family still loves me after it's all over :)
Oh, and thanks, random young mom in the grocery store. I appreciate the compliment more than you know
:)



6 comments:
I feel ya sister! haha, it is hard to just watch your fit body explode and then be banned from running for so long....buttt I can't believe you are so far along already! It seems like just a week ago you announced you were expecting on here!
Wow - I didn't realize how close you were! I LOVE when the single digits hit....I'M SO JEALOUS!! I completely relate with your thoughts. I want to be one of those mommies that find joy in the entire journey of pregnancy, but I also find it a huge nuisance. I wish you the best with the remaining weeks though. We are so thrilled for you!
My friend Lindsay, who is another Jazzercise instructor in Brigham, LOVES the 5 finger shoes. She has always had problems with her feet and since using them hasn't had one complaint. She even teaches in them! She swears by them for all aspects of life.
You ARE a cute pregnant lady! I want those 5 finger shoes so bad! I always get huge blisters when I run, so I thought those might be a good option for me. Sorry I don't know anything about them, but if you get some you'll have to dish about what you think :)
I have so many things I would like to say about this post(most of them I'm sure you already know what I would say)but I will just agree with random grocery store lady. And throw in a little I'm jealous an extreme amount....uh oh Lakers are losing now and Jared no longer has any of the few fingernails he started with.
Also, sorry I accidently ignored your text today..i forgot to respond but i liked it. And we remembered your swatches today
Amy - Sue and I were looking at your blog the other day (I had to show her your beautiful family) and she and I were both commenting on the Christmas Family photo in front of the tree and how you still manage to look so great, even with a giant baby bump :) Obviously, Sue and I cannot relate, as we have no kiddos yet, but are totally envious of how great you look while carrying around a baby. You look beautiful!!! And I cannot imagine you not being fun (you never had trouble in that area) even if you are tired.
hugs- Ash
i know how you feel about not being able to be as active with the kids as you want. i'm one of those that LOVES being pregnant but that doesn't mean it's easy and that was the hardest part for me.
but 9 weeks is nothin'. it'll fly by and i'm sure the kids love you just the same. you're SO CLOSE!!
Post a Comment