Tuesday, November 9, 2010

::while Chloe's away...::

...the little boys will play---in her room!

I usually go make the beds sometime later in the morning. The little boys follow me, and we play for a while. There have been lots of times I've come into Chloe's room and it's been a total disaster! Now we know why...

Today was pretty mild. Nobody got into her closet or dresser drawers. We just read books and "tried" to turn on a movie. I guess we kind of bounced on a ball and did flips off of her bed too, but it wasn't too bad.

In other news...
I'm proud to report that Porter is reading!! He's been reading for a couple of weeks now. He can do 3 and 4 letter words (short vowel sounds mostly), but he's getting it! I told him that he's learning to read WAY sooner and faster than Chloe-which made him WAY excited! Chloe helps him learn too. She writes words on her little easel and helps him read them. She tells him how smart he is. Port is trying to teach Cooper how to spell (which is SO funny). He spells stuff to him, and he spells back random letters. It's cute.

2 comments:

taryn said...

There's something so special about 'the oldest' ones stuff :) I remember feeling that about each and every one of my older siblings. And Chloe's room is sooo cute! I love the walls!

Krystal said...

Chloe's room looks cute switched around! Those boys are so cute and mischievious! I use to love snooping in my older sister's room when she was gone.
Yay for Porter's words! Addy has been doing the same thing. I think kids come smarter these days. I don't remember catching on to things so quickly. Addy will ask me how to write something, and instead of just telling her the letters we make the sounds and she forms it herself. I think that has helped....but as far as reading, it is limited to 3-4 letter words.
Sounds like with the older siblings' help Cooper is going to be a baby genius! ;)