Yes, I'm another year older. Remember when you were little and you couldn't wait 'til your birthday and being a year older?? Those days are long gone for me! I'm not too excited about how close I'm getting to 30. I'm going to try to drag out these last two years as much as possible, and maybe not even ever admit to being 30.
So my birthday was last Sunday. On Saturday, we went down to spend some time with my side of the family. Grandma Kitty had "high tea" all set up for us at a tea room. It was a new thing we'd never done, but SO fun! We went into this cozy little library type of room. The dishes were so dainty and cute-and so was Chloe. She wanted to wear her Belle dress and bring her Lanie doll (American Girl ).
We had our hot chocolate, some chocolate mint herbal tea, some homemade scones (which were d-lish!), some dainty little sandwiches (PB&J for Chloe-cut into little flowers and hearts).
See how dainty she is? Pinky up and everything :) It was such a fun little outing. So girly and just fun. Thanks mom!
A bit later, we met back at Grandma & Papa Kitty's house for some pumpkin carving and some dinner (we were planning on going to Cornbelly's, but it was too cold & rainy). Billy showed us a couple of things he can do with dry ice-including how to blow up a pumpkin...
A bit later, we met back at Grandma & Papa Kitty's house for some pumpkin carving and some dinner (we were planning on going to Cornbelly's, but it was too cold & rainy). Billy showed us a couple of things he can do with dry ice-including how to blow up a pumpkin...


The last photo is pretty awful. It exploded and was so loud that I jumped while I was taking the picuture-which is why it's so blurry, but you get the idea. It was pretty neat!
The kids started out painting their pumpkins with just some poster paint. Then they decided carving them would be more fun, so we washed off the paint and carved them. Chloe drew some eyeshadow and eyelashes on hers after it was done. We had a really good BBQ dinner and some cupcakes from a really great little cupcake shop!
Then on Sunday, Matt and the kids made me breakfast, and brought me some little gifties. They were socks and some jewelry, and everytime I opened something else, Portie said "I picked that, Mom!" He was so proud of himself. Matt and the big kids went to church (Bubb and I stayed home due to me having a terrible headache and him missing a nap). After they all came home, we made dinner and they sang to me. It was so sweet.
I love my family so much!! I feel so loved and appreciated by them, and especially Matt. He never fails in making me feel special, beautiful, and loved-other than when he's telling me I'm old :)










4 comments:
there is almost nothing better than blowing stuff up. you guys need to come up to Evanston for the 4th sometime and we can go to town on some stuff. when you put yourself in mortal danger to blow things up, that is the pinnacle of excitement.
Awesome. I love the blowing up pumpkins pictures, amazing! And Happy Birthday again! Glad you had a good weekend. What some great Fall Fun
happy, happy birthday!! love the tea room. that's something i always want to do with brad. glad you had a good day, aside from the headache. hope you're feeling better.
Happy Birthday! Looks like a fun day of celebration!
Post a Comment