Thursday, June 24, 2010

::Arr, ye'll ne'er get me buried booty::


We had kind of a boring day (I was trying to get my photos from Yellowstone all finished up), and the kids were getting restless. I told them if they'll let me finish, we'll do something really fun. When I got done, the little boys were sleeping, and we had to wait 'til they woke up. By then, it was almost time for Da-da to get home, so we just waited for him.

I drew up some maps...


(I even burned the edges to make them more pirate-ish)

...and hid them around the yard (one map led to another which led to another, and so on)...


Bubb helped look too...





...the second to last map led us to the car, where we found the last map which led us to the sno-cone shack!!



...we all got some...



...and they were gooooood!!


I hope it was worth the wait. They seemed to really love it. Chloe even told me that when she's a mom, she's going to do this same thing with her little kids :)

2 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

Amen to what Chloe said! It is such a cute idea. When I'm a mom I hope I'm as involved as you are. I like that and I think it means a lot to your kids. They will always remember those things. Good job being awesome!

taryn said...

Great idea! Chloe's comment was cute...that's how you know you must be doing something right!