It was the 26th (the day after Christmas, aka "play play play all day day"), and we were talking about how we were kinda sad about how Matt's mom and dad were down on the golf trip and we weren't (by we I mostly mean Matt). So we kinda said "ok, let's go!" So we did, and the next morning, we headed South.
The kids did awesome in the car! It's about a 5 hour drive, and the DVD player wasn't working for about the first 2 hours! I thought we were going to have to stop and get a new one on the way down, but it suddenly started working (thank goodness!!).
We got to the hotel...
...and played on these things (like always).
looking at a big fish tank
The next day while the guys were all golfing, the girls headed into St. George to do some shopping. The kids and I went here...
The next day while the guys were all golfing, the girls headed into St. George to do some shopping. The kids and I went here...
We saw lots of animals. We were a little scared of some of them, but it was fun. There were even thunderstorms going on inside there with lightening and everything.
Port was a little nervous about the alligator, he wouldn't take his eyes off it.
the bugroom (we didn't stay in there too long)
The next day we all went to see The Princess & the Frog, and we LOVED it!! What a cute movie! I loved the music and the story and everything! The shadow man was a bit scary (even for Port!), but it was ok. I want to go see it again! I can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD!!

The next day we all went to see The Princess & the Frog, and we LOVED it!! What a cute movie! I loved the music and the story and everything! The shadow man was a bit scary (even for Port!), but it was ok. I want to go see it again! I can't wait 'til it comes out on DVD!!

We got home Tuesday. The kids did great on the way home too-even when we all had too pee so bad we thought we weren't going to make it to the next city. Matt kept saying "we're almost there" and we told the kids we're going to stop at the gas station to go potty. Portie said that when we got there he was just going to pee on the gas station. When we got there we were getting our shoes on, Chloe and I walked around the car to help Porter out, and by the time we got him out and zipped up our coats, we turned around and saw a little bare butt. He was peeing right there in the snow where you pump your gas!! Matt and I kinda looked at eachother and laughed. I just said "well I guess I don't have to take him in with me." I guess when ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!
It was a pretty fun trip. We're glad we went. Matt had lots of fun golfin, and he did pretty well-which makes it even better :)
Thanks Grandma, Papa, & Jennie for puttin' up with us and lettin' us crash your party!!
Love y'all!





















2 comments:
Hahahaha...a different kind of buffalo than we're used to!!! Loved it! I laughed out loud even.
Glad you guys had fun, we were sad not to be there. Maybe next year if they stay in St. George. I loved all the pics, so cute!
Happy New Year!!!(I've just been saying that all morning so I thought I would throw it in there)
Looks like such a fun "get up and go" trip!
I LOVED Princess and the Frog! I agree.....shadow man was a bit scary. Well, not as much him as his "friends on the other side"
Post a Comment