We play blocks a lot. Usually it ends up in screaming and crying and "he kicked my castle over" and "she kicked mine ovih fihst" and throwing blocks and all kinds of ugly things. But the other night we made some pretty cool castles with no fights...
Chloe's was almost as tall as her.
Then he found a cup and some plastic spoons (after he emptied out the drawers), and played with those and the laundry basket.
...and FINISHED!!
It had doorways, windows, horses, girls, boys, kitties, doggies, slides, diving boards, towers...
Then they tore it up...
...and started all over again.
Like I said, they usually don't play this well together with blocks. This was a rare occasion, so I'm glad I got it on camera. Since then, they've been grounded from the blocks for throwing them at eachother and knocking down eachother's castles-I know it sounds like that's not that big a deal, but when it happens EVERY day, you've gotta do something about it! Chloe says "I wish we could play with blocks. Maybe we can in February??"
In other news...
The Denams (my brother's family) had their baby girl on Monday. While they're thrilled to have their baby here, they've had a rough week. Suzie had her via emergency cesarean. She's been in the NICU since Monday. She's been on oxygen and had help breathing with a ventilator. As of right now things are looking up and they're hoping to go home Monday or Tuesday. There are more details, but I'll save that for Billy to share (facebook, his own blog, phonecalls, email-whichever way he wants). Extra thoughts and prayers their way are much needed. Oh, and her name is Mia (Mee-uh), and she's beautiful!














5 comments:
That looks like fun! They are good builders getting castles that tall...I'm impressed. Good thing it is almost Feb. so they can play with them again...haha oh Chloe.
Good to hear Mia is doing good and should be coming home soon.
Oh, I am so happy to hear Mia is here, but it breaks my heart that it's been a rough arrival! Babies go through so much to get here as it is.....to add emergencies and ventilators to the mix is so sad! I'm glad they will have the chance to take her home now. I wish them the best and will keep them in our prayers :)
On another note....COOL CASTLE!
Blocks are a family favorite of ours too! (minus the fighting part- not our favorite either:) We will keep little Mia in our prayers.
That was an awesome castle! Itsso cute when they can play together and be happy ;)
Congrats to Billy and Suzie! I will keep them and Mia in my prayers!
awesome block castle!
we'll keep billy's family in our prayers. that would be so hard. i hope the baby does get to come home soon.
Post a Comment