Monday, December 7, 2009

::o christmas tree::

On friday night, we went to get our Christmas tree. We (for as long as I can remember) have always gotten a real tree. Matt remembers always getting a real tree for most of his childhood too. We love the smell, and look & feel of a real tree too. Where we live, there are tons of fruit stands that sell local fruits and veggies and they also sell (not sure how local) trees. So we got ours there.

They have a pretty good selection...

It was kind of a cold afternoon, so the bubbas got back in the car/"chwuck"

and here it is, home and all decorated.

Bubb-Nubb didn't love the tree. He got really nervous when Matt and I brought it in the house and cried. He sorta didn't know what to think of it. Now he just always says "wuhsssaaat" when he sees it, and he wants to touch it, so he does, but he doesn't like how it feels.
Chloe and Port helped "duckorate" (Chloe's word). It was fun. They love Christmas. Portie kept saying "look, Mom, I hanged that wight deyeh. Does that look good?" Chloe brings her Cinderella CD player all over the house with her so we can listen to Christmas music all the time, and she told me she wants some Christmas jammies too. She just wants to feel Christmassy all over, I guess :)

3 comments:

Jared and Sarah said...

Yay! How fun and cute. I love the tree and I love how huge it is! Ours is just a little baby one compared to that. Does it smell like a Christmas tree inside your house? I bet it does. That is the best smell ever
Lovin' Porter's hat...very hip

Krystal said...

I love your tree! It looks great :) Glad you all are FINALLY getting "Christmassy" around there ;)

Erin said...

Oh how fun!! It looks great and I have to agree with the smell. It seems like the tree completes everything and that you are now ready for Christmas morning. Tell the kiddos they did an amazing job! Love you guys