Sunday, August 3, 2008

::kangaroo zoo and an 89th birthday::

This weekend we had Grandpa Halling's 89th birthday party! We went to his house for dinner and some pictures. The whole family (almost) was there, and it was fun to see everyone and be with Grandpa on his birthday.
Then, Saturday, we headed down to Salt Lake (for a hair appointment :) ) and then we met up with my parents and brother and spent some time at the Kangaroo Zoo! We had seen it on the news, but hadn't decided to go until Nicole posted her cute pictures on her blog-thanks, Nicole!! It was so fun! The kids LOVED it! They ran around, jumped all over everything, slid down all the slides, had some (much needed) juice boxes, and fell asleep in the car on the way back to "Grandma-Kitty's" house. Then we had a little party for Billy's birthday, Suzie's efforts in passing her beauty school final test, and Matt getting his MBA. We had dinner and cake, and spent the rest of the night playing Cootie with the little kids and Rock Band with the bigger kids-hehe :)
The pictures are a little out of focus, but everything (and everyone) was moving!! (Click on the collage to see it bigger)

8 comments:

Thomas Rust said...

That looks like such a fun place! Where is it? I think we're headed to SLC to go to Hogle Zoo, I think the kids would have a blast if this were part of the day as well!

It's still so weird to see Chloe as a little grown up! She was still just a baby when we first met! CrAzY!

Anonymous said...

I think I would have fun there if I just went by myself! I can't wait to have kids so I can have an excuse to do fun stuff like that :)

ps. Thanks for your kind words and thoughts for our little niece Avery!

Carrie said...

we LOVE kangaroo zoo. we've been twice and colson always talks about it so we keep planning on going back, but have just been too busy. it's kinda fun for people our age too, don't ya think? or am i just wierd?

Krystal said...

How fun! I hadn't heard of the Kangaroo Zoo until Nicole's post and I am dying to take Addyson! The kids look like they had a blast!

Eric said...

Looks like fun. Carrie keeps trying to get us down there to go, but it hasn't happened yet. Could YOU do anything? I wonder if I should wait until Addie's born.

caroline said...

It's so nice to be able to go to a Zoo in the summer! That would be like torture here right now! It's 103 degrees today. Your kids are so cute! It looks like you all had fun!

Eric said...

By the time I got to the commenting part, I forgot that you mentioned Matt got his MBA!! Tell him congratulations! That means he's done with school...right?

Nicole said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Next time you come down give me a call i live 2 seconds away from that place!! Yeah I missed everyone friday! Tom is just too busy with work that we couldn't leave Friday. Besides we were leaving to Bear Lake Sat morning! On of these times we will be to a family gathering!!